Finding the right glaze or gloss for your craft needs can be a challenge and sometimes expensive. Here is a quick and cheap way to make your own glaze! Use this glaze for simple projects or give the recipe to your tween who may love to make charms!
What you will need:
- A bowl
- Mixing stick or brush
- Clear school Glue
- Nail polish (clear)
- Acrylic paint or fabric dye
To make a great color tinted gloss/glaze for your charms or other art projects first purchase a bottle of clear Elmer’s school glue. Next you will need a bottle of clear nail polish. You can buy the cheap one for a dollar at the dollar store. Also choose a color you would want your glaze/gloss to be. You can use fabric dye or acrylic paint.
- Start by pouring the entire nail polish bottle in a bowl.
- next add two table spoons of Elmer’s clear school glue
- add 3 tablespoons of water,( preferably bottled water) not tap.
- add one teaspoon of the color acrylic paint of your choice. For fabric dyes, use 3 drops of color.
- mix thoroughly with your mixing brush or stick
- store in a plastic bottle that you can find at a local dollar store or in a plastic air tight container.
- You’re now ready to use your own homemade glaze/gloss.