- Cold Porcelain Clay is Soft- Cold Porcelain has a softer & more pliable texture than polymer clay, making it easier to condition and roll with clay roller.
- Cold Porcelain Air Dries Unlike polymer clay, cold porcelain clay does not require baking because it air dries. You won’t have to worry about accidentally burning your clay in the oven because you don’t need one. (please note: Cold porcelain clay should not be baked however, Stacie Laurell’s Stone Porcelain Clay can be baked as well as air dry)
- Flaws and imperfections can be fixed with cold porcelain clay Polymer clay can not be altered much after it has been baked. So if you make a mistake you’re pretty much stuck with it. However, cold porcelain clay can be altered or fixed after it has been dried/cured. Prior to adding a sealer you can sand, varnish or wet the blemished area and sculpt over it. Making corrections are possible with cold porcelain clay but not with polymer clay.
- Cold Porcelain Clay Is Non-toxic- You won’t have to worry about any toxic fumes with cold porcelain because it is made with natural ingredients. Polymer clay however, releases fumes when over baked. none of the makers of polymer clay will either confirm nor deny the claims that polymer clay may be toxic under certain circumstances. However non has claimed to be non toxic either.
- Cold Porcelain can be stretched to thin pieces but polymer clay cannot- Most artist love cold porcelain and uses it specifically for this added benefit. They make artificial flowers by stretching the clay into thin pieces allowing them to make delicate and beautiful life like petals.
- Cold Porcelain texture can be changed- If you want your clay to be firm, you can place your packaged clay or air tight container of clay in the fridge and if you want it to be soft you can place your sealed clay package in a bowl of hot tap water and the clay will immediately soften.
- Used by many professional clay artist- Cold porcelain clay originated in Argentina and is a very popular and expensive clay overseas. This clay is gaining popularity and is being used more by many sculpting artist.
- Cold Porcelain can be manipulated This clay can be manipulated to look like glass, marble, porcelain, ceramic and other mediums. Because of it’s special blend of ingredients it has a leg up over polymer clay.
- Clay can be painted - Cold porcelain can be painted. Because of polymer clay’s plastic like properties, it isn’t as beautiful as cold porcelain when painted. This clay can be painted, varnished, sanded & more!
- Stacie Laurell’s Cold Porcelain Clay can be frozen for longer shelf life. You can place our specially made clay in your fridge or freezer and preserve it for a very long time. When ready to use just thaw out your clay in warm tap water and condition your clay with our specially formulated clay conditioning lotion and your clay will be back to it’s original state ( please note: Do not place clay directly in water. Always make sure that it is wrapped or sealed in it’s original package or sealed in a ziplock bag or air tight container before submerging in water).
I just LOVE Christmas!
Originally posted on DesignLively:
Hello there! I’m taking a break from my salted-caramel-eating, ugly-christmas-sweater-making, carol-singing, old-school-christmas-movie-watching, gift-wrapping week to stop in and share our Christmas decorations! The late-Thanksgiving threw me a bit this year, and I am behind on my gift shopping. Normally I have everything in-order a few weeks in advance, but not this year.
This is always a joyous, but slightly harried time of year, and there’s nothing I love more than ending a long day in front of the glowing tree lights with a cup of tea.
Originally posted on M&J Blog:
New Year’s Eve is the time for glitz and glam, and this year we’re pulling out all of the stops with a DIY accessory that’s sure to garner some attention. We’re making a bejeweled golden Holiday Clutch that’s perfect for that VIP New Year’s Eve party!
What You’ll Need:
SATISFACTION GUARANTEED- Our clay is the best and if you’re not satisfied just return the item in its original packaging within 7 days of receiving your purchase and a full refund will be granted to you. Buyer pays for return shipping. Also must notify Stacie Laurell by email first if you wish to have a refund.
USPS shipping first class mail will be used for a fee of 2.00
International shipping: All international bidders are welcomed and calculated shipping will be used for such orders.
This is the best air dry clay around. Look out for our next product Stacie Laurell Liquid cold porcelain.
Our feedback is important to us as well as your satisfaction. If you have any issues questions or concerns please contact us by clicking the contact seller link in the listing and we will do our best to help rectify the problem.
What is air dry cold porcelain?
Cold Porcelain clay is a special type of clay that many artist around the world use. It is not your average Fimo or Premo clay nor is it play dough or kids craft clay.
Cold Porcelain is a smooth modeling clay and looks like porcelain when dried. It is not plastic-like as clays like Fimo and Premo that are bought in the stores. Instead, this clay can be manipulated to look like almost any medium such as glass, porcelain China, marble, Pearls, ceramics and more. This particular clay recipe is listed all over the internet and is usually made with regular house hold items, such as cornstarch, water & mineral oil. Although the recipe may seem easy many people have trouble making this clay or mastering the right formula.
This clay primarily originated in Argentina and is very popular over there. In fact, it is also becoming rapidly popular in the United States as well. Some are abandoning their love for oven baked polymer clay and flocking towards cold porcelain clay. One great benefit of porcelain clay is it’s ability to stretch into very thin pieces, allowing artist to make such things as delicate flowers and bouquets that looks life like but last forever. Although it can be stretched to amazing capacity, when dried, the stretched piece is very strong and durable and doesn’t break or tear easily. Some people have tried to sell other clay and market it as cold porcelain clay but it is not. Cold porcelain clay properties are distinctive and if you pay attention to the abilities of this clay, you can compare and see if you’ve purchased real cold porcelain verses the imitation. Stacie Laurell’s Cold Porcelain clay is made with a special recipe. Our clay’s consistency can be changed or altered by you. If you encourage your clay to be more firm or you can make it as soft or fluid as you would like with our special Clay Conditioning Lotion.
Our lotion can help with several things such as:
- Conditioning and softening your clay
- changing the texture of your clay
- restore moisture to clay that is old and may be starting to dry out
- can restore clay back to original state after clay has been frozen or placed in the fridge
- Help keeps your clay moist and from drying out while working with it
- help condition your clay to prevent cracks in your finished pieces
- helps to correct flaws and cracks in finished pieces.
- extends the shelf life of air dry clay
Stacie Laurell Handmade Flower cameo non flexible professional mold for polymer clay craft!
New Stacie Laurell molds Handmade with non toxic clay!
great for cabochons, pendants, brooches, cake toppers designs & more!
size: btw 5-6 cm 1-2inches nice size mold
Nice Flower cameo mold with details.